The tomb to which Washington's remains were removed from the old family vault in 1831 stands a few hundred yards from the house, near a wooded ravine. Visitors pass it as they ascend from the wharf to the house. (Extract taken from the description on the reverse of the card.)
Photographed and published by T.W. Ingersoll, 1898.
Good condition with full description on the reverse of the card. Color tinted.
Measures 7 x 3.5 inches.